Sunday, May 24, 2009

Styles off the streets: Daisy

Friday afternoon, after getting out of work. I decided to check out the Anthropologie store to see if I can grab anything for my trip to the Hamptons memorial day weekend. As I was heading back home, I ran into this lovely girl who went by the name Daisy. I had to stop her and ask for a picture for my blog and she kindly said yes. Dressed perfectly for the heat, Daisy's style is the classic NYC style; simple but yet chic.

Me: What are you wearing today?
Daisy: I'm wearing my boyfriend's shirt (laughs) and Acne shorts. These flats, I got from Russia, where I'm originally from. And the bag is from a vintage shop downtown.

Me: Do you steal your boyfriend's clothes all the time?
Daisy: More than I should (laughs). I love wearing men's clothes and making them look feminine.

Me: How would you describe your style?
Daisy: It's hard to narrow it down to a few words. But I like to keep things simple and I'm very subtle when it comes to accessorizing. I like to let my clothes tell the story.

Me: What do you think is a fashion no-no?
Daisy: Um. I don't think there is such a thing as a fashion no-no. If someone wears it the right way, anything can look good.

And there you have it. I have a feeling that Daisy's one of those few people that can truly pull off anything. Hey, any girl who can make her boyfriend's clothes look amazing on her gets my applause.

1 comment:

  1. I love wearing men's clothes. I think it looks far better on women and i agree with Daisy, who is gorgeous by the way, that we make them look feminine. I believe you definitely feel more feminine because you look better in the clothes than the guys do x]

    ReplyDelete