Friday, May 22, 2009

Designer Spotlight: Matthew Williamson


spring 08


spring 09

When thinking of patterns, colors, and flowy fabric, the name Matthew Williamson instantly springs to mind. Yes, may other designers also incorporate those elements into their line, but can they do it so effortlessly and so uniquely as Mr. Williamson? I think not.

When I received an invitation for his store opening in NYC, I could not resist. First reaction once I set my Louboutin covered foot into the store? Pure knee-quavering heart attack; I have finally died and found heaven. The otherwise simple store was covered with delicate fabrics in amazing colors. I turned to my friend next to me and said, "here's a designer who really knows his pastels from his brights." The patterns reminded me of a modernized and up-to-date DVF. Matthew turned the philosophy that so many other designers used into his own creations. And with his new more affordable line at H&M, Matthew Williamson definitely takes the spotlight as a designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment